The low carb caramel turned out so tasty! The flavor, it turns out comes mostly from the butter and how golden brown you let it turn. The deeper brown, the richer the flavor of the caramel. Caramel Sauce.
Serves 4 servings
Cook Time 10 minutes
MACROS PER 2 TABLESPOONS:
Fat 17 63 g
Protein 17 g
Carbs 0.5 g
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp So Nourished erythritol
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt the butter in a small pan and let it cook until golden brown. This will give the caramel deeper flavor.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir until combined. Lower the heat and simmer for a minute.
- Add in sweetener of choice, we used erythritol. Let that dissolve for a minute. Add a pinch of salt as well. If you’d like to make salted caramel, add more salt.
- Let it cook until you see it getting thicker and stickier.
- If you see your butter and cream are separating, you can pour the mixture into a Nutribullet and blend to help them combine.
- Pour the caramel into a container, preferably glass, and continue to stir while it cools and thickens more to ensure your sauce is not two layered.
- To use right away, pour over your dessert of choice! You may also refrigerate the caramel for later use, but it will harden and will need to be soften to be pourable/dippable.