Never mind that the holiday season is always right around the corner, these keto buttercream recipes are a great recipe to have in your back pocket at all times of year! Holidays aside, there’s always a birthday, kids bake sale, random event at a friends or just a perfect dessert after dinner. Buttercream.
Ketogenic low carb
Net carbs: 1 % (1 g)
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 99 % (46 g)
Protein: 1 % (1 g)
Calories: 412 k cal
- 8 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 – 2 tsp erythritol (optional)
- Brown ¼ of the butter in a small sauce pan until it turns amber in color, but without burning it.
- Pour the browned butter in a beaker and whisk in the rest of the butter bit by bit with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add cinnamon and optional sweetener towards the end.
Make this dish your own! Add flavor to the cream with anything you want – cocoa powder, cardamom, ground coffee, orange or lime zest. Or even fresh fruit like raspberries or blueberries.