Béchamel – Ingredients For 4 People:
- 30 g wheat four
- 500 ml of milk
- 30 g butter (optionally margarine)
- grated nutmeg, salad, pepper
To Prepare Béchamel:
- For the base recipe, heat butter or margarine in a saucepan until everything is melted. Then sweat wheat flour in it with constant stirring. But watch out that nothing burns.
- Pour milk into the roux while stirring. The motto is: Better to stir too strong than too weak. This is the only way to prevent unwanted flours from forming in the béchamel sauce. Boil everything and simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring.
- Finally, season the béchamel with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.